Ecomarine Paddlesport Centres
Full Time / Part Time
may 1, 2018
Ecomarine Instructors and Guides are responsible for ensuring our clients and customers have amazing experiences on our lessons and tours. As a part of the team you will have an integral role in delivering hundreds of programs at our two waterfront locations, on the water, beach, and in the classroom. Most of your work time is spent with participants out on our local Vancouver waterways in sea kayaks or on stand up paddleboards. You are responsible for keeping clients safe and for providing an enjoyable and memorable experience that meets or exceeds the participant’s expectations.
- Ensuring clients have an enjoyable, safe and positive experience in our lessons and tours.
- Leading programs according to Ecomarine and Paddle Canada outlines, and risk management policies.
- Preparing and cleaning up equipment used in lessons and tours, including communicating any deficiencies to rental managers. This includes lifting and moving kayaks, SUP boards and associated gear.
- Ensuring all required reporting and paperwork is completed.
- Communicating availability to work and any changes to this throughout the year
- Advising participants of other Ecomarine products, such as equipment, further lessons or rental options
- Attending mandatory training sessions and skill development opportunities
- Reviewing and revising course outlines and program descriptions
- Keeping required certifications up to date
- Working with an excellent team of paddling and outdoor enthusiasts
- Advancing your paddling and program delivery skills with some of Vancouver's best paddlers through workshops, courses, training and mentoring
- Access to kayaks, boards and equipment for personal use
- Staff paddling trips, parties and other events
- Discounted gear through Employee Purchase Program
- Outdoor work in some of the best waterfront locations in Vancouver
- Flexible Hours
- Passion and experience in kayaking and/or stand up paddleboarding and the outdoor industry
- Experience teaching or leading programs, courses or tours, especially outside
- Excellent in person communication skills; performance or public speaking experience an asset
- Degree or Diploma in Tourism, Outdoor Recreation or Education or related field, or equivalent experience
- Love working with people and being outside; ability to speak languages other than English an asset
- Have or willing to obtain a minimum:
- Paddle Canada Basic Sea Kayak Instructor certification or
- Paddle Canada Basic Flatwater SUP instructor certification or
- SKGABC Level 1 Guide certification and
- First Aid and CPR training, as required by instructor/guiding certification
(opportunities to achieve some certifications are available through Ecomarine each spring)
See www.ecomarine.com/jobs for details and to apply. Early applications are encouraged as interviewing will begin in February and continue until all positions are filled.
Saturday March 31, 2018